With the coming into force of the Air Passenger Protection Regulations (APPR), the CTA has developed a series of guides providing a detailed explanation of airline obligations toward passengers in various situations. The guides are intended to help passengers understand their rights and airlines better understand and meet their obligations. The guides include:
- Application of the Air Passenger Protection Regulations: A Guide
- Communicating Key Information to Passengers: A Guide
- Baggage Requirements for Domestic Services: A Guide
- Tarmac Delay Standards of Treatment and Disembarkation: A Guide
- Types and Categories of Flight Disruption: A Guide
- Denied Boarding: A Guide
Additional guidance material is being developed, including for obligations relating to flight delays, flight cancellations, and seating of children, which will come into force on December 15, 2019.