Clear and timely communication of accurate information to passengers is critical to ensuring a positive passenger experience. Airlines must also make passengers aware of their rights before they fly.
- inform you of their policies on delays, cancellations, denied boarding, lost or damaged baggage and the seating of children in a simple, clear way;
- inform you about your rights and the remedies available;
- provide the reason for a flight disruption in plain language without technical jargon;
- provide regular status updates during delays; and
- make sure that communication is accessible to persons with disabilities.
Communicating Key Information to Passengers: A Guide explains passenger rights and airline obligations to communicate key information with passengers. These apply to flights to, from and within Canada, including connecting flights.
Reference: Airline obligations in this area are set out in the Air Passenger Protection Regulations.